Pinterest Audit: Annual Spring Cleaning
Spring time is known for “spring cleaning”. So it’s definitely that time of year to clean up your Pinterest Profile.
I recommend to my clients to do spring cleaning once a year or even every six months to ensure that their Pinterest Profile is current for your current business goals.
As entrepreneurs, we can often change your business goal or focus. If you are launching a service, focus your profile description on that launch.
STEP 1: PINTEREST PROFILE AUDIT AND UPDATE
Question to ask yourself to update:
- Are you using the image that you use on Instagram? People often go to IG to confirm you are a real business so make it easy for them to know it’s you!
- Have you used keyword(s) in your name?
- Does your Pinterest profile description share what problem you solve for clients?
- Make sure to use keywords throughout.
PRO TIP: You can no longer use a video at the top of your header. Pinterest is removing the ability for them to be seen or played, so just use a static image.
STEP 2: PINTEREST BOARD AUDIT AND UPDATE
This whole process gets a lot easier if you make a google spreadsheet to list all your boards in alpha order. Pinterest looks at your profile as a whole so it looks at your name, bio name, a profile description, boards, and pins to know who to share your content with.
So review your boards and see if a holistic look tells people what you do in business.
Question to ask yourself to update:
- Do your board titles have keywords and or cutsie titles? Including keywords will help your ideal clients to find you on Pinterest.
- Do you have two or three boards about what you focus on? (as an example, I have a board called “wedding planning advice” and “wedding planning tips” with the same content on both. This helps to show your content to multiple people depending upon what they type in that search bar.
- Look for any boards that are missing.
- Secret any personal boards
- Secret any boards that don’t fit your business anymore
- Do you have descriptions for every board? Describing what people will find on that board using keywords and ending with your website (example: jenvazquez.com)
- Do you have 15-20 boards? It’s a nice foundation to start.
STEP 3: REVIEW GROUP BOARDS
Group boards are signified by seeing a group of people on the board. Review these:
- Review the boards to ensure they are in your area of expertise.
- Review the boards to see the analytics and that they are still performing for you. If they aren’t, leave the group.
STEP 4: REVIEW OLD PINS
I never recommend deleting pins. The only reason you should delete pins is if the link is broken because broken links can affect your account with regard to analytics.
You can try first to edit the pin and upload the correct link. But if you can’t for whatever reason, delete it. And don’t go looking for broken links, only address them when you see them.
As a reminder, you want to do this spring cleaning once a year at a minimum but consider doing this every six months. If you would like some help, you can view my services here.
Don't Forget to Pin It!
More Tips You Might Find Useful
4 Ways to Optimize Your Pinterest Profile for More Traffic (and one is NEW!) Pinterest can be a powerful marketing tool for service-based businesses if it's used correctly. Learn how your profile on Pinterest can be a powerful marketing tool for service-based...
Keywords are the key to successfully marketing your business on Pinterest. Today I'm sharing all of the places you can and should be using keywords on Pinterest. As a gift, I'm sharing my free Masterclass because I'm sharing all my secrets on how to research keywords...
2022 Wedding Trends according to Pinterest.Today, Pinterest published this blog “Wedding season is back and Pinterest is inspiring a new look to walk down the aisle”. Let’s hit the highlights. We all know that people on Pinterest “Pinners” look to Pinterest for...
2022 PINTEREST MARKETING TRENDS
Walk Away Knowing EXACTLY How to Show Up On Pinterest, Master the Shareable Pins + Have Your Clients Find YOU...
WITH ONLY 1-2 HOURS A WEEK ON PINTEREST
Here is more information that may be helpful!
4 Ways to Optimize Your Pinterest Profile for More Traffic (and one is NEW!) Pinterest can...
Keywords are the key to successfully marketing your business on Pinterest. Today I'm sharing all...
2022 Wedding Trends according to Pinterest.Today, Pinterest published this blog “Wedding season is...