Core content is simple. It’s content that aligns with your audience’s interests while simultaneously generating demand for your product or service.
An example, I’m a wedding photographer. So my core content in that business is education or sharing my service which helps my ideal client find me on Google or social media.
It may be a blog of a wedding I did, featuring the city and venue (keywords) so google serves it up to couples searching for wedding vendors or venues.
It may be wedding planning advice (how to find the best photographer, you’re engaged now what, how to pick a venue for the best images, etc).
Your core content can be a blog, Youtube video, or Podcast. Let’s use a blog as an example.
So after you create the blog, research the title to use the best keywords, you’ll want to repurpose to YouTube or podcast, or Instagram live.
Then here is how you’ll repurpose.
Here are just some ways that I repurpose for you to get the gist. Here they are:
- Start with a blog about your expertise
- create a YouTube of slideshow images
- create a reel of behind the scenes
- it becomes a video on Pinterest
- video on LinkedIn
- video on tik tok
- video on YouTube
- add a video to blog
- create an idea pin featuring the venue
- turn that info another reel
- create a IG carousel post tagging all vendors
- create a venue guide by adding all images for that venue
- create a carousel on bouquets and include one of the images from this wedding
- google my business. Add a review of the venue saying how you love photographing there and add your images
- share any of the above from time to time on stories
- share stories from the past (tag all vendors)
- write a spotlight venue blog with the images from any wedding there
- top 10 or 20 wedding of the year blog
- anniversary IG post
That’s just a few ideas. If you do this for each wedding and educational blog, you’ll never have to worry about creating more content. Creating a core piece of content each week is the best to really drive traffic. And all of that content will help to get you found.
In addition, don’t forget that each piece of core content can create around 5-7 IG posts, reels, or other social media content.
If you need help with Pinterest, shoot me an email HERE.